Modern business conditions, characterized by the instability of the economic environment and increasing fierce competition, place high demands on the efficiency and quality of decisions at all levels of enterprise or organization management.
Decision support assumes awareness of up-to-date comprehensive information on the status and trends of business development using business intelligence methods and tools. At the same time, the amount of information that must be taken into account for the formation of optimal informed decisions is growing steadily.
This leads to a situation when it becomes impossible to effectively manage a company without using modern means of information support, namely, methods and means of automating business analysis. These business analytics technologies that enable organizations to turn accumulated data into business information and then information into knowledge for managing a business are united under the term of Business Intelligence or BI solutions.
Business analysis in this educational program is considered as a modern trend to identify business needs and find solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a system development component, but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change, or strategic planning and policy development. Business analyst - a specialist who uses business analysis methods to study the needs of organizations in order to identify business problems and suggest solutions.
The classical way of training analysts does not meet these challenges, since it does not systematically cover the additional tasks of processing and analyzing data, including unstructured data of large volumes. In addition to this, there is an obvious shortage of specialists who are ready to systematically approach the solution of tasks related precisely to the methodology for processing data of various types, streamlining access to data warehouses, restructuring the warehouses, the efficiency of a data processing, and analyzing big data (requiring a reduction in dimensionality, special circuits statistical experiments, approximate methods, efficient algorithms), etc. The deficit is exacerbated by the development of related technologies: 3D printing, augmented reality, cloud computing, smart environments, etc.
As examples, one can cite the competencies indicated in vacancies at leading online platforms: working with large volumes of data, data analysis, BI, Big Data, Distributed Cache, Data-Warehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence, Hadoop, MapReduce, practice of social networks analysis, experience with Big Data, etc.
The educational program “Business Analysis” includes the selection and planning of approaches to conducting business analysis of business processes or ICT projects of an organization, determining the business needs of an organization, determining business cases; assessment of organizational readiness for changes in business processes or ICT projects of an organization, solution efficiency, management efficiency of business analysis of business processes; planning communications, requirements management processes, analysis of business processes or ICT projects of an organization, optimization of business processes or ICT projects of an organization.
After graduation, you will have the ability to analyze the information received, have excellent programming skills, be able to develop new algorithms, process large amounts of information, applying the Big Data technology is included as well.
The meetings held by the marketing department of the IUIT and the analysis of the polls among graduates of the NIS, physical and mathematical schools showed that about 35% of graduates seriously think about the profession of “data analyst”.
The educational program “Business Analysis” includes the selection and planning of approaches to conducting business analysis of business processes and / or ICT projects of an organization, determining the business needs of an organization, determining business cases for business processes and / or ICT projects organization, determination of requirements for business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, preparation of packages of requirements for business processes of the organization and / or ICT projects, preparation of plans for business analysis of business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, is established and/or modeling requirements for business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, participation in the development of technical specifications for the development of IP, assessing organizational readiness for changes in business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, evaluating the effectiveness of solutions to improve business processes and / or ICT projects of an organization, evaluating the effectiveness of managing a business analysis of business processes and / or ICT projects of an organization, planning communications, processes for managing requirements for business processes and / or an ICT project organization, analysis of the results of interviewing stakeholders to conduct business analysis of business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, analysis of business processes and / or ICT projects of the organization, analysis of approaches to business planning of business processes of the organization and / or ICT projects , development of demonstration materials required for presentations on improving business processes and / or ICT projects of an organization, development of recommendations on the introduction of new technologies for optimizing business processes and / or ICT projects, the formation The goal of the study program is to prepare a universal specialist who has knowledge in mathematics, statistics, ICT, computer science, business and economics.
Objectives of the EP:
- To prepare a universal specialist who has knowledge in mathematics, statistics, ICT, computer science, business and economics.
- To teach students how to study large amounts of data containing disparate information, for example, market trends, customer preferences, etc.
- To develop the ability to extract the necessary information from various sources, including real-time information flows, analyze it for further business decisions and see the logical connections in the system of collected information and based on this develop some or other of business decisions, models.
- The student should know the research methodology in the field of data science (setting research objectives, collecting data, processing and transforming data, examining data, building models and selecting methods, presenting and visualizing the results), methods and approaches to standardizing and transforming data, machine learning methods (basic methods of classification and clustering), ways of organizing data storage
- The student should be able to solve applied problems in processing and analyzing data to identify hidden dependencies in them, apply the elements of probability theory and mathematical statistics that underlie models and methods of data science, choose the right machine learning methods to solve practical problems, organize the researchers working environment in the field of data science (Jupyter), use packages and libraries for machine learning (Matplotlib, SciPy / NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn).
- The student must have skills in working with tools for organizing data storage, skills in software implementation in R and Python of data processing and analysis tools, data preprocessing and visualization skills;
- The student must possess the skills of a comprehensive analysis and analytical generalization of the results of scientific research using modern scientific and technological achievements, the skills of independent data collection, study, analysis and generalization of scientific and technical information on the research subject, the ability to create theoretical models that allow predicting the properties of the studied objects and develop proposals for implementing the results.