The purpose of the program is to train qualified competitive specialists in the field of network security, which is associated with the creation of a protection system for specific enterprises and protection of local computer networks from virus attacks or hackers. Network security specialists prevent the leakage of important information, data fraud and incompetence (malicious intent) of employees. On a national scale, network and information security specialists create systems for protecting strategic information on the country’s defense capability.
The “Network Security” academic program is dedicated to teaching students the theory and practice of protection at the junction of two areas: network information technologies and security technologies. Today neither commercial structures nor departmental organizations can work without network security officers.
The responsibilities of Network Security specialists include:
- protection of internal networks from unauthorized access;
- provision of a secure connection to the Internet and secure remote access;
- control over the operation of various online applications through which hackers can get access to personal computers;
- provision of the ability to carry out commercial transactions via the Internet.
Graduates of this direction will learn the following:
- Key network protocols and their work principles;
- Security or insecurity of certain protocols used in modern networks;
- The ways to intercept network traffic;
- Methods of protection against network attacks;
- Typical network attacks used by hackers on networks;
- How to analyze network traffic;
- How to perform a number of network attacks and use software for these purposes;
- How to conduct an audit of information security of network services.
During your training in the “Network Security” specialty you will master such disciplines as:
- Network scaling and switching
- Scaling networks
- Connecting networks
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Information Security Center Analytics
- Network security
- Practical Pentesting
- Corporate security
- Designing complex information security systems
- Mobile technologies and applications
Upon graduation, you will have the following skills:
- Principles of networking from basic to advanced levels with emphasis on theory and practical applications;
- Essential security principles and the skills required to install, troubleshoot, and monitor your network to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices;
- Skills to install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot corporate networks;
- Skills to manage wireless, voice and security applications;
- Skills to troubleshoot and monitor Cisco network security devices;
- Abilities to evolve security infrastructure, recognize network vulnerabilities, and mitigate security threats.
The acquired knowledge and qualifications will help you to take such leading positions in companies of any organizational and legal form as:
- Information Security Administrator
- Information Security Auditor
- Information Security Engineer
- Service Security Specialist
- Information Security Specialist