The educational grants vacated in the process of obtaining higher or postgraduate education (hereinafter referred to as vacant grants) are awarded on a competitive basis to IITU students studying on a paid basis.
Given the parity of GPA indicators (Grade Point Average), the priority is given to students with grades of only A, A- ("excellent"), then grades from A, A- ("excellent") to B +, B, B-, C + ("good"), then mixed grades for the entire period of studying.
The educational grants vacated by students of bachelor and postgraduate education are awarded during the summer and winter holidays among the students of the respective specialties on a competitive basis.
The information about educational grants vacated under the bachelor and (or) postgraduate education programs is submitted to the authorized body in the field of education, and, given the absence of applicants, redistributed among students of other universities by the commission on a competitive basis.
A list of educational grants vacated under the programs of higher and (or) postgraduate education submitted by universities to the authorized body due to the lack of applicants is published on the website of the authorized body in the respective field of education.
The competition is held among students studying on a paid basis in other universities who have submitted documents for participation in the competition, by the educational program groups, courses and forms of education based on the results of mid-term control.
- a student of higher or postgraduate education, studying on a paid basis, submits an application to the Application Processing Center addressed to the Chairman of the University Board with a request for his transfer to further education at the expense of a state educational grant and a copy of his/her identity document. A transcript for the entire training period is provided by the Application Processing Center;
- The Application Processing Center accepts and registers the student's application and the submitted documents in the registration journal (Appendix C-1);
- applicants for a vacant grant are selected in accordance with the criteria specified above. In case of parity, an advantage is given to: orphans and children left without parental care; children disabled since childhood; children with disabilities; children from large families, from single-parent families; children one of whose parents is a pensioner / disabled person (Regulation on the procedure for awarding vacant educational grants released under programs of higher education).
- the university administration, having considered the received applications, submits them for consideration to the University Academic Council and the Board of Trustees;
- By August 5 and January 15, the Application Processing Center sends a list of applicants claiming for vacant educational grants to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for a final decision. The student’s application, together with the decision of the University Academic Council and the Board of Trustees, is accompanied by the student’s transcript, a copy of the document confirming his identity, a certificate of the holder of the educational grant (original) and a copy of the order under which the latter was expelled from the university;
- The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan examines the documents received in the context of groups of educational programs, forms and terms of study, taking into account the year of admission and, with a positive decision, issues an order for the award of a vacant educational grant of higher and (or) postgraduate education (in case of the absence of applicants for a group of educational programs, vacant educational grants released in the process of obtaining higher and (or) postgraduate education, are redistributed among other universities within the direction of training or the field of education);
- based on the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan on re-issuing a state educational grant, the National Center for State Standards of Education and Testing writes out a certificate of the state educational grant holder in the name of the student who submitted the relevant transfer application;
- on the basis of the issued certificate of educational grant award and order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Application Processing Center issues an order for the university indicating the date of the successful applicant’s entitlement to the educational grant.